Fremont Stamped Concrete
Concrete floors, especially the stamped concrete ones, are the latest fashion now. You need not take anybody’s word on that; just open up any of your favorite home décor magazines or surf the internet, and you will end up watching an endless range of stamped concrete slabs. Why settle for mere concrete slabs when you have the option of getting different patterns, shades, textures in concrete? If you wish to see the same range live, give Fremont Concrete Pros a call at (510) 683-5860 and be amazed.
What is Stamped Concrete?
Concrete has been stamped and molded into a design to give it a natural look and texture of stone, brick, flagstones, wood, tile, slate, etc., is called stamped concrete. You can lay it freshly on new walkways you are installing, or you can use it as an overlay on existing walkways as an economical and attractive way of renovation. You may also use them on driveways, swimming pool surrounds, patios, terraces, and interior floors, in business outlets and big malls.
Stamped concrete has been in use since the 1950s. However, it started gaining popularity in the 1970s. The new range of colors, stamping patterns, and sealers came into existence in later years. To create a new range of effects, different types of colors and patterns are mixed. With the help of concrete paints, concrete dyes, and acid stains, we can create a huge range of colors. Sealers, on the other hand, protect the surface of the colored concrete from fading and acquiring unwanted stains on it.
Pros and Cons of Stamped Concrete
Stamps, concrete cutters, and rollers are used to create surface molding effects and patterns in stamped concrete. It is an easy process and very cost-effective too. The following are the reasons why you should select stamped concrete for your homes:
- Natural stones are often very costly, and the best alternative to mimicking the natural stone is stamped concrete, which far less priced.
- It not only will enhance the overall look of your home but also will add value to it.
- Available in a plethora of colors, textures, designs, and patterns.
- Treatment with non-skid additives makes it slip-resistant.
- Very little to no maintenance is required if quality sealers are used.
- It is very durable and, if maintained properly, will last for several years.
However, not everything about stamped concrete is good. There are some downsides too, which are summarized as under:
- Stamped concrete is not a DIY thing, and you will need professional help from a local stamped concrete contractor to get it installed.
- It is known to develop minor cracks over time.
- Periodic resealing and cleaning is to be done.
The drawbacks are far too little when compared to the benefits you derive by installing a stamped concrete surface at your home. If the quality of stamped concrete you choose is high-grade and properly installed, the chances of getting cracked or color fading will be less or negligible.
This is why you must rely on the best Fremont stamped concrete contractors like Fremont Concrete Pros for whatever colored concrete needs you have. Call us at (510) 683-5860 to know more about our unique and artistic approach to installing stamped concrete.